[Live-devel] audio lags video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 4 15:49:37 PST 2010

>I am reading a/v from live source through socket in 2 different threads

I hope you've read the FAQ entry about threads.

>, In my aplication I am using class derived from FramedSource and in
>doGetNextFrame() I read from cyclic buffers and set the
>fPresentationTime etc, I wonder how can I use
>hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP and make sure the a/v timestamps are in
>sync

This applies only when you are *receiving* a RTP stream; not when you
are transmitting a RTP stream.  If you are transmitting a RTP stream,
then you must make sure that the "fPresentationTime" values that you
assign each outgoing frame are accurate (and aligned with 'wall
clock' time - i.e., the time that you would get by calling
"gettimeofday()").

>, I do see SR pkts at client though I dont have any class derived
>from RTPSource

If you are receiving a RTP stream, then you will have a class derived
from "RTPSource" (if you are using our software).