[Live-devel] generating RTP streams......!

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 14 23:53:55 PDT 2010

>Hello everyoneŠ
>
>Whenever I try to connect to media server using
>
>rtsp://<ip-addr>:554/filename
>
>Then the information about the client (like on
>to which ip the response,i.e RTP streams are to
>be sent is given),
>
>but what if I want to send them to different
><ip> <port> no matter from where the request
>comes fromŠ..can I modify this at server
>sideŠŠand if so which is the module
>
>which handles the RTSP requestsŠ Is it "RTSPserver.cpp"Š.

Yes.  You can do this by adding the line

#define RTSP_ALLOW_CLIENT_DESTINATION_SETTING 1

to the start of "RTSPServer.cpp".  This will
enable the code that lets the server handle
"destination=" parameter in the "Transport:"
header of the client's RTSP "SETUP" command.
(Note that this has the potential for a
denial-of-service attack, which is why this code
is disabled by default.  You should use it only
if you trust all of your potential clients.)

To use this, you would need a RTSP client that
sets the "destination=" parameter in the
"Transport:" header of its RTSP "SETUP" command
(note that our RTSP client does not do this).