[Live-devel] use livemedia transport mpeg4streame problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 25 07:23:59 PST 2010

>    I use livemeida transport xvid mpeg4 video,i implement own
>mpeg4serverseesion class and owen devicesource class.I find I set
>xvid codec only use I frame,then use vlc play is good.but, if i set
>xvid codec use I frame and p frame(not use B frame) encodec,then use
>vlc player is abnormal.vlc only display I frame video is good,p
>frame is abnormal. why? (note:i frame and p frame i use same
>gettimeday() code).

Unfortunately I can't help you with your custom code.  However, I
suggest that you first try using the supplied demo applications
"testMPEG4VideoStreamer" and/or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" to stream a
MPEG-4 Elementary Stream Video (i.e., ".m4e") file, made from your
encoder.  If these applications cannot properly stream your file,
then please send us a link to the file, so we can download it and
test it for ourself.