[Live-devel] Many multicast sources with same port problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Sep 19 05:12:17 PDT 2010

If your application is receiving - on a socket - traffic that was
sent to a multicast address that that socket did not subscribe to,
then that is definitely a problem with the operating system, not with
your application, and not with our libraries.

Because you say that you are unwilling to change your operating
system[*], and because you say that you can't stop your incoming
traffic (for different multicast addresses) from using distinct port
numbers, then there's no help that I can give you.  Sorry.

[*] Note that FreeBSD - as far as I can tell - does not appear to
have this problem.  If I were you, I'd try using FreeBSD instead of
Linux.