[Live-devel] Server moved to 64bit - packet loss

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Aug 27 22:52:11 PDT 2011

> Then I moved server to another machine and I'm experiencing severe packet loss (60-70%) at client side.
> I'm not familiar with statistics in Live555, for quick check I've added packets counters in GroupsockHelper.cpp in writeSocket and readSocket. Client receives about 1/3 of sent packets. Lowering framerate didn't help much.
> On the other hand tcpstat shows correct traffic network on both sides.

Well, if the *only* difference between the two setups is that the server is running on a different machine, then it should be easy to see - by looking at the network traffic - what's different about the new server's packets that's causing packet loss at the client.

I suspect, however, that this is not the only difference between the two setups.  Are you sure that the new server is not running on a different LAN, or that it's not behind a firewall or a different router?