[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop crash

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 13:27:38 PST 2011

> >That error message indicates that your input source object did not set "fFrameSize" properly.  In particular, it set it to a value greater than "fMaxSize" - bad!
>
> >A data source object *must* check "fMaxSize" before delivering data and setting "fFrameSize".
>
> Ok, this is surely what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t quite understand what happens to the truncated bytes  when the frame is bigger than fMaxSize, they seem to just get thrown away.

Yes, exactly.  That's what "truncated" means :-)

> Does fMaxSize change each time? DeliverFrame will get called again immediately but this will get  the next frame. Don’t we need to send the rest of the frame on the next call to DeliverFrame?

No, you must send only one frame at a time, because downstream objects expect 'frames', not 'portions of frames'.  "fMaxSize" is the size of the buffer that the downstream object specified when it called "getNextFrame()" on your input source object.  If your frames are larger than "fMaxSize" (which is what you are seeing), then that simply means that your downstream object's buffer is too small.  You need to increase it.

(Unfortunately, you didn't say what your downstream object is, so until you do, I can't really tell you how to increase the buffer size.)