[Live-devel] Streaming with live555 using named pipes with dm6467

Rafael Madeira rafael.madeira at idea-ip.com
Mon Feb 21 13:44:02 PST 2011

Hi, tanks for fast replay..

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I'm trying send TS content generated by my DM6467 enconder application.
>> Currently, i send TS data through a named pipe to
>> "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" modified live555 program. Then i try see, in
>> real time, encoded data on VLC.
>>
>> Everything works fine when i save a ".ts" file on hard disk and then send
>> to VLC.
>>
>> But doing a "real time" comunication between Live555 and my app even with
>> RTP or RTSP protocol i can't see anything in VLC. VLC reports (through its
>> debug interface) a lot of Ts discontinuity and/or TS duplicate.
>>
>> Anyone knows what i could be doing wrong?
>>

> You may be seeing (IP multicast) packet loss somewhere between the streamer
> app and VLC.
>
> I suggest that you first try using "openRTSP" as a client, to record the
> incoming stream as a (Transport Stream) file - that you can examine and try
> playing.
>

>   Is that the best way to use Live555 as a live streamer??
>>

> If you plan to have only a single client, then you should probably stream
> via unicast rather than via multicast.
>
> You can easily modify the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application to
> stream from your named pipe via unicast: See
> http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

Yes, i'm planning using a single client. So, i'm trying
use "testOnDemandRTSPServer". But, for use with a named pipe i cant, until
now, makes stuffs work.

Is there  a place where i can set the amount of
data "testOnDemandRTSPServer" will read in each interation?? It seems to be
a possible bottleneck for my app, because the apparent loss of data at VLC
side could be a pipe overflow.

Tanks,

> --
>
> Ross Finlayson