[Live-devel] RTP over TCP with iPhone

Dmitrij Velkin d.velkin at ids-imaging.de
Tue Jun 14 07:42:17 PDT 2011

Hello,

i am developing an iPhone/iPad App that receives RTSP-streams. It works fine, while the server and client are in the same network. But If I try to get a stream from outside(from Internet) i run in problems with UDP-ports. On the server side i can open ports, but on a client side it is sometimes  impossible. So i tried to use RTP over TCP:

	m_pRtspClient->sendSetupCommand(*pSubsession, continueAfterSETUP,False,True);

But it doesn't work, even if i am in the same network. If I set last parameter to False than my app works fine(but only in the same network).

About my systems:
My server is "self implemented media server"(January 2011 Version ) that runs on windows. I use unicast.
My client has a latest live555 (Mai 2011) version.

I can't find out where is a problem. Can You point me to solve this problem? (if You need more information ask me please)

thanks!

Dmitrij

P.S: In attachment is a wireshark protokoll(i caputured it in a simulator)