[Live-devel] Fwd: live555 on demand, apache and win 7 64bit

Meftah Tayeb tayeb at tmxvoip.com
Tue Aug 21 14:57:28 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "WADE POLK" <gunslingor at gmail.com>
To: <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:58 PM
Subject: [Live-devel] Fwd: live555 on demand, apache and win 7 64bit

there is Live555 On-demand streaming RTSP server.

> 1. is there a way to get live555 to work in 64 bit windows?
i think yes, just need to generate the apropriate makefile. please see the
FAQS

> 2. Can it handle "true" rtsp on demand streaming effectively? I think it
> can from what I am reading in the documentation.
yes, the best in the Open source world.

> 3. Assuming I get live555 up and running on the same server that runs
> apache, how the heck do I get my webpage to communicate with the streaming
> server? Its a console application right? There needs to be a way to
> integrate on demand streaming with my existing page. What gets played to
> who will be dictated by what hyperlinks my users press on the webpage,
> some
> hyper links need to open streams of my radio station, others need to open
> streams of a users playlist, and some of just a single file... who has
> access to what is dictated by my sql database.
that depand,
you should chouse if you play it in the web page itself or open it in a
media player
if you decide to play it on the web you should use a flash or a java app
that support rtsp, and i'm not sure if there's one.

> thanks
no problem