[Live-devel] Behavior of OpenRTSP during non-availability of RTSP stream

Saurabh Gandhi saurabhg84 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 03:39:19 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am using openRTSP for recording video clips of 5 seconds duration. I am
doing this continuously, so my code looks like this:

while(1)
{
// some code to generate a unique file-name for video clip based on date
and time
system("openrtsp.exe -4 -b 100000 -d 5 -w 640 -h 480 -f 30 -N
<unique_filename> <camera_url>");
}

This seems to be working fine. I can see video clips getting generated of 5
seconds duration. However, when the IP camera stops giving an RTSP stream
for a prolonged duration (2-3 hours) there are no video clips generated.
That behavior is obvious, but what bothers me is that even when the IP
camera recovers and starts giving an RTSP stream the openrtsp.exe just
hangs. Then when I go to task manager and kill this process "openrtsp.exe",
the application seems to recover and I can see new video clips being
generated.

Could someone explain this behavior and how it can be resolved?

--
Regards,
Saurabh Gandhi