[Live-devel] Porting of live555 Streaming on Windows CE

Sid Price sidprice at softtools.com
Tue Jul 24 08:15:32 PDT 2012

I can confirm the same issues when compiling for Windows Compact 7.

The problem with _fileno is that it returns "void *" and
"makeSocketNonBlocking" and "turnOffBackgroundReadHandling"takes a "socket"
parameter that is defined as "int".  The MS compiler for Windows Compact 7
considers this attempt at an implicit cast as an error. Indeed even an
explicit cast is a doubtful fix since depending upon architecture of the
target CPU the size of a pointer and an "int" may not be the same and could
under some circumstances cause the truncation of the value returned by
"fileno".

The standard "C" library for Windows Compact 7 does not have functions
"abort" or "read". I have addressed this by creating my own methods.

At this time the only resolution I have for the cast issue is to explicitly
cast the return of "fileno". Not ideal from a maintenance perspective but
the only choice at this time. Is it possible to update the code to address
this implicit cast?

Thanks,

Sid.