[Live-devel] why RTCP BYE does not invoke client's "TEARDOWN"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 23 08:07:16 PDT 2012

>  I want to close the RTSPClientSessions belong to one ServerMediaSession from the server side.
>  I send RTCP "BYE" message from server side, but it doesn't invoke the client's sending "TEARDOWN". But the client(openRTSP) had received the "BYE" message and it had printed the "Received RTCP "BYE"...".
>   What's the reason?

I don't know.  "openRTSP" (and "testRTSPClient") should be sending a RTSP "TEARDOWN" command after it receives a RTCP "BYE" from the server.  (Note that it is the client's choice whether to send a "TEARDOWN"; the server cannot 'force' the client to send a "TEARDOWN".  However, our code for both "openRTSP" and "testRTSPClient" should be sending a "TEARDOWN" after it receives a "BYE".)