[Live-devel] RTSPserver rangeStart > duration with duration=0

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 16 02:23:24 PDT 2012

> To precise our situation, we are registering through RTSPClient and we stream through RTSPServer.
> Then the end of the available stream is moving (beginning also).

Sorry, but this makes no sense to me.  I just don't understand what it is that you're trying to seek into, and how.

But in any case, the code - in lots of places - has the assumption that
	"ability to be seeked into" == "has a non-zero duration"
so I'm not planning to make any changes to the code.  Sorry.

However, if you want to implement seeking into your data (and thus have the server return this seek time in its "Range:" response), then I suggest that you reimplement the virtual function

	virtual float duration() const;

in your "ServerMediaSubsession" subclass, so that it returns some value >0.  Then you can also reimplement the virtual function

	virtual void seekStreamSource( ... )

to do whatever you want, and the server should behave how you expect it to.