[Live-devel] Streaming over Wifi with no receiver

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 21 02:13:13 PDT 2012

Network transmission (over WiFi, or any other network interface) is handled by the operating system and its device drivers, and has nothing to do with our software, which operates at a higher level.

However, I suspect that your problems are being caused by you attempting to transmit packets too quickly (causing congestion/buffering problems in your OS's device driver).

You haven't said what your LIVE555-based application does, but if you are feeding something into a "RTPSink" subclass, you must make sure that the "fDurationInMicroseconds" member variable is set before you complete delivery of each frame (unless you are feeding the "RTPSink" subclass object from a live source).