[Live-devel] playSIP Authentication Error

Simon Maddox simon at simonmaddox.com
Mon Sep 10 03:33:25 PDT 2012

> (I presume, of course, that your username (1001) and password (1234) are correct :-)

Yes :)

I've tried them in a standalone SIP client (pjsua, Telephone for Mac), and can REGISTER and INVITE successfully.

> look at a *successful* protocol exchange (with the same account, username and password) from some other SIP client, so we can see if there's anything different about the "Proxy-Authorization:" header in a successful "INVITE"
So, it looks like SIPClient doesn't fully implement the RFC 2617 spec. Basically, if "qop=" is sent in the Proxy-Authenticate response, you need to send a "cnonce" and "nc" value back as well.

On top of that, SIPClient is sending the From: header as "user at my-ip", whereas it *should* be sending "user at sip-host".

I've made both of these changes, but now I'm getting a 403 at the end of the process rather than a second 407. Guess there's something a bit more subtle going on - will report back if I find anything.

Cheers,

Simon