[Live-devel] F9F351CF-AE7C-4087-8698-7B4CFB6581B9 at live555.com

Neil Pepper neilpep at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 03:28:21 PDT 2012

Hi Ross, not exactly sure how to reply on a thread, hope this is right.
(tried emailing the thread email it just bounced)

Thanks very much for your help, the light is dawning now ;-) slowly

"so that *it* does the rendering (or calls a decoder library to do the
rendering)"

So I can assume the frame arrives encoded in H264 format and i need a 3rd
party decoder like ffmpeg to decode it ? and there is no actual way to
decode a H264 stream using live555 to a bitmap I can render to the screen ?
Actually this was the first thing i looked at, then i saw
the H264VideoRTPSink class and assumed it was decoder class as it inherited
from MediaSink same as DummySink and when I drove down my blind alley.

If i need to decode it using ffmpeg is there anyway to get resolution of
video i can feed into the decoder or do i need to hard code this ?

thanks