[Live-devel] RES: Problems to capture a RTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 17 11:42:10 PST 2013

> Good afternoon Mr. Finlayson, thanks for responding, but I've verified the firewall 3 times already, executed TELNET on port 554 and seems ok.

Does
	openRTSP -n rtsp://186.215.116.89:554/pro1
work OK for you?

If it does, then the problem must be in your code.

If it doesn't work, then try instead:
	openRTSP -n -t rtsp://186.215.116.89:554/pro1

If that *does* work (but running "openRTSP" without the "-t" option *doesn't* work), then the problem must be - as explained in the FAQ entry - that you have a firewall that is blocking RTP/UDP packets.

> Through VLC works nicely

That's because VLC first requests regular RTP/UDP streaming and then - if not packets are received in several seconds - automatically tries another request, this time requesting RTP-over-TCP streaming.