[Live-devel] Proxy Server implementation query

Gaurav Badhan gauravb at interfaceinfosoft.com
Mon Feb 11 23:51:41 PST 2013

Hello,

There was a query on your mailing list with subject "Please reply query on
Proxy Server" in
which the fox has asked "How can Live 555 proxy server can be used in
Thread?
I mean creating multiple live 555 proxy server for receiving stream from
multiple back end rtsp server?
"
and you have replied

"The existing "LIVE555 Proxy Server" can *already* stream concurrently from
multiple back-end servers.
It does this as a single-threaded application (using an event loop, rather
than threads, for concurrency).
 This is all explained clearly in the FAQ that everyone is asked to read
before posting to the mailing list."

Your answer is absolutely correct we can give multiple URL of backend rtsp
server to the proxy server
but suppose we want to create the  new "proxy server media session" in a
thread each time a new back end server is ready to stream . How can it be
done?

As defined in your FAQ that "Another possible way to access the code from
multiple threads is to have each thread use its own "UsageEnvironment" and
"TaskScheduler" objects, and thus its own event loop. "

so creating env variable and scheduler and  own event loop for each session
will solve the problem ?

As for creating "proxy server media session" we need to implement the rtsp
server so i have made the rtsp server only once and whenever the back end
server is ready i call the thread which makes the new  "proxy server media
session".

Thanks