[Live-devel] Where can I trap and debug response to signalNewFrameData() ?

temp2010 at forren.org temp2010 at forren.org
Tue Feb 19 10:31:05 PST 2013

Ross,

I apologize for offending you.  It was not intended.  A snafu led me around
from one piece of advice on the FAQ to following the trail I was following,
and I didn't realize there was other germane advice on the FAQ that I
missed.  Meanwhile, my mod of the existing code was only a tentative
attempt at trapping what was going on in order to see if the end objective
would work.  Finally, I wasn't asking you to debug my code, but simply sent
you a copy for context if you needed it.

Well, per the FAQ, I already had a working FramedSource subclass, and I
went on to derive my own class from OnDemandMediaServerSubsession
using H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession as a model.  It turns out that
this indeed puts me exactly where I was before, but now with my own derived
code doing the same things that the original code I hooked was doing.

And the result is the same, as one might expect to be the case.  When I try
to connect with VLC, it fails to connect.  I don't understand what's going
on or why this happens.  I'm seeking advice as to either.

I don't understand what actually constitutes this failure to connect.  When
VLC tries to connect, my own createNewStreamSource() and createNewRTPSink()
get called, taking advantage of my own MF_H264_DeviceSource() and the same
ol' H264VideoRTPSink.  All return codes seem fine to me.  But VLC reports
that it's unable to connect and tries again, over and over.

The only thing I can fathom is that the env or taskscheduler isn't
connected up properly.  But I haven't been able to get to the bottom of
this yet.  I ask, is this possibly the reason?  Or is there some other
thing I totally don't understand?

Again, your advice is greatly appreciated.

-Forren