[Live-devel] Question About PAT/PMT in MPEG2

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Fri Jan 25 10:02:20 PST 2013

If you are using the HTTP Live Streaming that depends on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream, I implemented this on live cameras by gorilla subclassing (Cut-n-paste and modify) the MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource  to a MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource4iOS class. I changed the inserting of the PAT and PMT to be relative to a chosen number of keyframes instead of a random time so I could easily segment it on the fly downstream.

HLS on ios is extreamly picky about the segment size and what it starts with. While it must have recieved at least once in the past, I start each segment with it and a keyframe to allow connections at any time.