[Live-devel] Streaming over TCP crashing

Andrey Shvyrkin ashvyrkin at gosniias.ru
Tue Jul 23 01:24:30 PDT 2013

Hi, Ross. I rebuilt live555MediaServer from the latest source from
2013.07.16.  I have a problem when playing back on stream TCP.
Immediately after playing the file until the end is falling and the
client and the server. If you set the playing time (that is, not until
the end of the file), then everything is fine, like playing on the UDP.
In the client, in the fall "RTSPClient::handleAlternativeRequestByte1" on

else if (requestByte == 0xFE) {
     // Another hack: The new handler of the input TCP socket no longer
needs it, so take back control:
     envir().taskScheduler().setBackgroundHandling(fInputSocketNum,
SOCKET_READABLE|SOCKET_EXCEPTION,
(TaskScheduler::BackgroundHandlerProc*)&incomingDataHandler, this);

In the server, in the fall "RTPInterface::removeStreamSocket" on

if ((*streamsPtr)->fStreamSocketNum == sockNum
     && (*streamsPtr)->fStreamChannelId == streamChannelId) {
       deregisterSocket(envir(), sockNum, streamChannelId);