[Live-devel] Confirm absolute time playing position on startup

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 20 20:20:24 PDT 2013

> Is this intended, or is it somehow server dependent?

I don't know.  Please show the complete RTSP protocol exchange for each case, so I can try to figure out what's happening.

> Is there a way to confirm what position is currently playing when starting up a stream?
>
> Is there a way to ask for the timestamp that's currently being played at any given time?

The only way to do this is for you (the client) to measure how much time has elapsed since you issued the last "PLAY" command, and then add this to the absolute time that you specified in the "PLAY" command.  (The reason for this is that our client code doesn't parse the absolute time strings at all.)