[Live-devel] Can I use single BasicUsageEnvironment to handle multiple RTSP connections?

Cyberman Wu cypher.w at gmail.com
Mon May 13 02:29:41 PDT 2013

Thanks, it really works. But I encounter another problem: the performance
is even bad that what we did former.

>From the profiling result, it's because BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep()
process at most one socket after select() returned,
If we add all the socket into on scheduler, we call select() the same times
with more fds in fdset, and time used by select()
is almost linear with files in fdset.

I've tried to select one time, and re-select() again only if we checked all
fds ready, and got better performance than what we
did early. But the design is ugly, and I'm not sure if it will works well
under all the situation.

We BasicTaskScheduler choose a design like that? Is there any way to make
live555 suitable for cope with multiple RTSP
streams?

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> openRTSP create a new BasicUsageEnvironment to handle command line
> specified RTSP, but from source code,
> it seems that single BasicUsageEnvironment can handle multiple RTSP
> connections? Is there anyone have tried it?
>

> Yes, the "testRTSPClient" demo application does this.  You should use this
> - rather than "openRTSP" - as a model for your own RTSP client
> application(s).
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/