[Live-devel] Problems with openRTSP on ARM device

Marcin marcin at speed666.info
Wed Oct 2 06:03:16 PDT 2013

Hello,
I wanted to ask You because i have no idea where the problem may sit.
I have compiled openRTSP which i use to dump H264 streams from RTSP
server over localhost
This approach works fine in many IP Cameras that i use for my purpose.
Suddenly i found a device that producest wierd files.

Incomming buffer size by default is 100000 - and everything works great
as soon as I frame is not larger that that.
Normally if i put bitrate like 4-6 Mbits, IFrames are bigger and then i
increase buffer size to 300000 in example and everything works fine.

But this time - the exported file is broken. Not playable and its
structure looks broken. In meantime live view can be perfectly playable
via VLC over RTSP.

Produced files:
     http://www.speed666.info/good.h264  - this is below 100000 limit
     http://www.speed666.info/bad.h264 - this is bitrate where buffer is
too small

I tried to increase buffer size but this only produces bad files -
nothing more.

Where i should search the problem. Same binary running on different
camera with same CPU works well. Any clues?

Marcin
WebCamera.pl