[Live-devel] Proxy Server REGISTER option

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 7 07:26:14 PDT 2013

> I have been trying to use the new REGISTER option with Proxy Server and have not been able to make this work. Has anyone used this feature? If so, any input on how to implement this feature would be greatly appreciated.
>
> When running an instance of Proxy Server with -V -R options set I do not see any output when making a client connection using the REGISTER or REGISTER_REMOTE method with rtsp://stream provided. I do receive a 200 / Ok response, but nothing else to indicate if the stream was successfully registered.

It turns out that the proxy server *was* handling the "REGISTER" command OK; however due to a bug in the code, it was not properly handling the 'verbosity' option ("-V") in this case, so the proxy server wasn't telling you what it was doing.

I've now installed a new version (2013.10.07) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" that fixes this, so the "-V -R" options to the "LIVE555 Proxy Server" should work properly now.  Thanks for the report.