[Live-devel] Proxy Server REGISTER option

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Mon Oct 7 09:33:09 PDT 2013

Ross,

Thanks for the update...I am now getting debug output.

I see that the rtsp://url I am registering adds a new
"ProxyServerMediaSubsession with periodic OPTION requests from the Proxy
Server to the stream. Everything appears normal,  but I'm not sure how to
access the proxy stream now. Do REGISTERED streams have names like
proxyStream-1, proxyStream-2...proxyStream-N?

Thanks,

Bob

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I have been trying to use the new REGISTER option with Proxy Server and
> have not been able to make this work. Has anyone used this feature? If so,
> any input on how to implement this feature would be greatly appreciated.
>
> When running an instance of Proxy Server with -V -R options set I do not
> see any output when making a client connection using the REGISTER or
> REGISTER_REMOTE method with rtsp://stream provided. I do receive a 200 /
> Ok response, but nothing else to indicate if the stream was successfully
> registered.
>

> It turns out that the proxy server *was* handling the "REGISTER" command
> OK; however due to a bug in the code, it was not properly handling the
> 'verbosity' option ("-V") in this case, so the proxy server wasn't telling
> you what it was doing.
>
> I've now installed a new version (2013.10.07) of the "LIVE555 Streaming
> Media" that fixes this, so the "-V -R" options to the "LIVE555 Proxy
> Server" should work properly now.  Thanks for the report.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Bob Bischan

Manager (Operations/Software Development)

*WATCHTOWER SECURITY, INC.*

10760 TRENTON
SAINT LOUIS, MISSOURI 63132

314 427 4586 office

314 330 9001 cell

314 427 8823 fax

www.watchtower-security.com

*“Protecting your community and those you value most.”*