[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Multiple Client / Recorded File Issue)

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Wed Oct 23 14:16:49 PDT 2013

Ross,

Wanted to follow-up on this issue. I have gone through additional testing
throughout the day and have greatly simplified my testing scenario, however
I'm still experiencing the strange file issue as described previously.

After making changes in my test environment and making debug observations,
 I'm quite sure there is something amiss. The problem does not lend itself
to easy explanation, but I'll try my best to communicate what I'm observing
in my testing.

Test Environment:

Single back-end server (Axis camera)
Proxy Server running on an isolated server
Two test clients running on separate computers
Proxy Server / Back-end server / clients all connected on local LAN

Test Steps:

1. Start ProxyServer with -V -R options

2. Registered the single back-end server (works as expected; using new
transport header options) . BTW, the option for setting suffix is a nice
additon!

3. Connected a single client (VLC) to record the proxy stream to file.
(Connects fine and I see debug output recording the connection)

4. Connect another client (VLC) to proxy stream to record a second file.
(Connects fine, but I do not see any debug output showing this
connection???)

5. Stop Recording on first client.

6 Stop recording on second client.

Both clients produce mp4 files that have a problem with being validated as
html5 video.

If I run the same test scenario with just one client the file is different.
It now validates as html5 video. I can reproduce this over and over with no
change in the outcome.

It almost seems like when running simultaneously the 2 clients are sharing
the same rtsp session?

Could it be that when one client sends STOP (stopping recording) and the
other client is still playing/recording the stream Proxy Server does not
respond to the STOP from the other client?

I have attached a debug file that reflects steps (1-6). If you could take a
quick look to see if there something obvious that would be great. From what
I can see it seems given the steps outlined that the debug file would have
been different. Also, if you have any suggestions on additional steps or
debugging that I can do that would be great.

Bob