[Live-devel] RTSP server taking MPEG2 TS as input using TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 22 00:04:47 PDT 2014

> I know live555 can server taking UDP TS as input using MPEG2TransportUDPServerMediaSubsession.
> I'd like to build a RTSP server that can takes a "TCP" Transport Stream as input.

That's easy to do.  Just use the code for the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application.

At line 239-240 of "testProgs/testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp", change
    char const* inputFileName = "test.ts";
    char const* indexFileName = "test.tsx";
    char const* inputFileName = "stdin";
    char const* indexFileName = NULL;

Then, after building your new "testOnDemandRTSPServer", run
	your-application-that-generates-a-TCP-stream | testOnDemandRTSPServer
I.e., just pipe your TCP connection to (your modified) "testOnDemandRTSPServer".

(You may find it useful to use the standard Unix "nc" utility to generate your TCP stream.)