[Live-devel] Compilation error -- NetCommon.h: No such file or directory

James Carroll jpcarrol at eagle.fgcu.edu
Sun Mar 16 09:23:07 PDT 2014

Hi, all.

I'm new to the list, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I have been looking into the issue and can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

I have done the basic installation of live555 for Linux, via:

./genMakefiles linux
make
make install

which compiles the library and puts the resulting files in /usr/local/include, lib, and bin. I can't seem to get a basic program working, though, due to improperly referenced header files in the code.

(compiler output)

[root at apollo streamtest]# g++ streamtest.cpp
In file included from streamtest.cpp:1:0:
/usr/local/include/UsageEnvironment/UsageEnvironment.hh:28:23: fatal error: NetCommon.h: No such file or directory
 #include "NetCommon.h"

What is the best way to resolve this?

Kind regards,

Jim