[Live-devel] HTTP Live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 2 23:55:24 PDT 2014

> 1)      Can we stream h.264 encoded data using HLS in live555. If so, can you please point me out the example which does this in live555 testProgs folder.

It's not an application in the "testProgs" directory.  Instead, it's the "LIVE555 Media Server" application (in the "mediaServer" directory).  See
	http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#http-live-streaming

> 2)      I was going through a example testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp which stream a test.ts.
> I have placed a valid test.ts file in the path and executed the testMPEG2TransportStreamer.exe.
> But what is the url so that it will play in browser.

By default (unless you make a small modification to the code), the "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" application does not have a built-in server, and therefore is not accessed via a URL.  Instead, run the "LIVE555 Media Server":
	http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/

> 3)      Can we stream a h264 data simultaneously to both RTSP and HLS clients.

As noted in the first link above, the "LIVE555 Media Server" can stream a MPEG Transport Stream file - containing H.264 video - to clients using either RTSP or HLS.  However, the data source *must* be a file (and must have a corresponding index file), and is not streamed 'simultaneously' to multiple clients.  (Instead, multiple clients can each choose to stream the file at whatever time they choose.)  Note that we do not support HLS streaming from a live source - only from a pre-recorded (and pre-indexed) file.