[Live-devel] Live555 RTP/RTCP Proxy

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 11 14:02:41 PST 2014

> The problem I have is with RTP/RTCP server ports. I have a silverlight RTSP player which is running without elevated trust (meaning it can only use port range 4502-4534). So without proxiing RTP/RTCP server ports I could only have 15 connections (32 – 1 port for RTSP).

Note that you can specify the initial port number (to be used by RTP and RTCP) as the “initialPortNum” parameter to the “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” constructor.

But if the number of available port numbers on your system isn’t sufficient, then you should get a better system!  Either ‘elevate your trust’ on your system, or use a Unix system (e.g., Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X), which doesn’t have such a draconian restriction.