[Live-devel] Adding streams to already-running event loop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 12 13:14:13 PST 2014

> OK, so the “addNewStream” triggered event, where the RTSPClient is created, would add the pointer to it then. I’m a bit concerned about thread-safety here, since the struct is created on the GUI thread, then manipulated on the live555 thread. I suppose you’re implying that safety would come from being careful about each field only being set from the appropriate thread.

Yes - if the LIVE555-related fields in the struct are set or accessed only within the LIVE555-event-loop thread (and, of course, the struct itself never gets deleted while the LIVE555-event-loop thread can be working with it), then you should be OK.

(In any case, we’ve probably now reached the limit in how much assistance I can provide your project ‘for free’ on this mailing list.  If your company is interested in having me consult further on your project, then please let me know (via separate email).)