[Live-devel] Broadcasting to UDP?

Marco (Xanatos Marine) marco at xanatosmarine.com
Sun Aug 30 16:43:23 PDT 2015

Thanks Ross,

I modified "testH264VideoStream" by replacing

    ServerMediaSession* sms
        = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, "testStream", inputFileName,
        "Session streamed by \"testH264VideoStreamer\"",
        True /*SSM*/);

with
    ServerMediaSession* sms
        = ProxyServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, rtspServer,
        "rtsp://<ip address>/axis-media/media.amp?camera=1", "testStream");

and commented out the call to "play" before enter the event loop of
taskScheduler. It works and re-streams the live feed from the camera!
but I find the following issues: when I open a VLC instance in the same
computer to receive the multicast stream, it takes about 15 seconds to
start replaying the stream, and it shows artifacts in the video that are
not in the original image, which I can monitor with a direct connection
to the camera: Note in the next image how the last digit of the seconds,
in the bottom center, looks totally garbled. Same, using the seconds as
guide, sometimes it shows "older" frames where the time is actually
previous to frames that have already been displayed. Some times whole
areas of the image go gray and then slowly starts recovering its correct
appearance (second image).

If I connect a client directly to the camera feed instead of my modified
"testH264VideoStream", the image appears normal, so it doesn't seem to
be a network bandwidth problem, although it looks like it.

What can be happening? Is there a way to correct these problems?

Thanks,
Marco

*Ing. Marco A. Pérez López*

Software Development

Xanatos Marine Ltd.

#370 18 Gostick Place

North Vancouver, B.C., V7M 3G3

Phone: +1 604 904 2200

www.xanatosmarine.com <http://www.xanatosmarine.com/>

This electronic transmission (including any and all attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this electronic
transmission, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents
of this electronic transmission, is strictly prohibited, and you are
further requested to purge this electronic transmission and all copies
thereof from your computer system.