[Live-devel] Windows build - undefined symbols

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 16 04:08:06 PDT 2015

> Sorry, the actual message is "identifier not found", "undefined symbol" was a product of my faulty memory.

OK, please post the *exact* error messages that you see when compiling each specific file (and note which file is being compiled in each case).

(If the error messages instead occur during *linking*, then that means that you need to add some *library* to the link line, not #include any header file anywhere.)

> I understand that noone else has seen this problem, but it's faulty logic to suggest that these files don't need to include stdlib.h.. if it's compiling it just means that stdlib.h has been included by another header.

If file A #includes file B, and file B #includes “stdlib.h”, and file A compiles OK, then file A most certainly does *not* also need to #include “stdlib.h”.

(Once again, nobody else is reporting the issue that you claim to be seeing (and unfortunately you’re far from the only person who’s still using Windows :-).)