[Live-devel] Windows build - undefined symbols

Robert Smith smith at cognitec.com
Mon Mar 16 09:42:38 PDT 2015

Now that I've had the time to look into it I've figured out what it was.
I'm compiling with -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN which causes #include <ole2.h>
to be excluded from Windows.h (amonst other things).

ole2.h #includes <objbase.h> and objbase.h #includes <stdlib.h>

So presumably noone else has compiled with -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.

I think the relevant files should include stdlib.h since they depend on
symbols defined in that header but at least I can just remove that flag.

FWIW, these are the errors I got:

d:\live\liveMedia\RTSPCommon.cpp(46) : error C3861: 'strtol': identifier
not found
d:\live\UsageEnvironment\UsageEnvironment.cpp(43) : error C3861:
'abort': identifier not found
d:\live\UsageEnvironment\UsageEnvironment.cpp(62) : error C3861:
'abort': identifier not found
d:\live\testProgs\testMP3Streamer.cpp(156) : error C3861: 'exit':
identifier not found
... plus additional testProgs/*, I haven't compiled all of them.