[Live-devel] FW: Support for 'Speed" Option on RTSP 'PLAY'

Kolavasi, Sarma BIS Sarma.Kolavasi at fs.utc.com
Fri May 29 12:12:52 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am re-posting my request.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Sarma Kolavasi
UTC Building and Industrial Systems,
8310 Capital of TX Hwy N
Austin, TX 78731
(W) 512.527.5932

From: Kolavasi, Sarma BIS
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 1:42 PM
To: live-devel-request at ns.live555.com
Cc: 'live-devel-owner at ns.live555.com'; Kolavasi, Sarma BIS
Subject: Support for 'Speed" Option on RTSP 'PLAY'

Hello,

United Technologies Corporation’s video surveillance product, Prism, uses Live555 streaming media library. In order to speed up downloading media from the recorder, the driver in Prism client component enhanced RTSP PLAY command by implementing “Speed” option.

This enhancement caused minor changes to two of Live555 modules, liveMedia/RTSPClient.cpp and liveMedia/include/MediaSession.hh (included in UTC_RTSPClient.zip attachment).
These changes, along with Prism client architecture indicating where in the driver Live555 fits, are described in ReadMeCoreChanges.txt file (attached).
Also, please find the Prism adapter modules that interface with Live555 stack.

In order to be LGPL compliant, we will publish these source modules on our company website along with the driver DLL.

On a separate note, I attempted to subclass RTSPClient class. However, in this process I had to modify RTSPClient.hh module to move some ‘private’ variables and methods to ‘protected’ scope. Additionally, it required copying of three ‘static’ functions and one class method from RTSPClient to our adapter module to be able to successfully subclass RTSPClient class. We chose not to go this route.

Please let us know if you have comments/questions.