[Live-devel] LIVE555 usage on iOS

Chris Richardson (WTI) chris at gotowti.com
Tue Sep 29 09:36:59 PDT 2015

Hi Ross,

I am starting a new project to stream video over RTSP/RTP to iOS based
devices and I am curious if LIVE555 will fit into my project.  You have made
it fairly clear that using the LIVE555 code inside applications distributed
through the Apple App Store is not allowed by the source code license [1].
Do you think it is permissible to create an open source application which
uses the LIVE555 libraries, and then distribute a build of the application
through the Apple App Store?  Or is there another way you envision people to
use the LIVE555 code on iOS?

To be clear, I will not use the LIVE555 code in any way you don't at least
personally deem acceptable.

[1] http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license

Thank you for your time,

Chris Richardson