[Live-devel] live-devel Digest, Vol 157, Issue 2 - Multiple NICs

Jeremiah Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Tue Dec 6 13:27:14 PST 2016

Haven't tried this, so grain of salt.

The protected RTSPServer constructor has a parameter for the socket FD.

I think you could first, subclass the RTSPServer class so you can pass in your own socket fd.

Using system calls w/ C++ or using .NET, initialize your own socket bound to the NIC you prefer (don't forget to set it to listen and set the correct socket options, like non-blocking...follow GenericMediaServer::setUpOurSocket path for exacts).

Pass your initialized socket to a new instance of your RTSPServer subclass.

If you are initializing your socket in C#, I believe you can get the socket FD from socket.Handle.ToInt32() property...and don't let the handle be destroyed (eg, store reference to Socket object).

HTH,

-Jer