[Live-devel] How to proxy RTP source stream to RTSP via live555 proxyServer?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 2 23:27:02 PDT 2016

> I am generating RTP stream which can be played back using vlc with SDP file:
>

> v=0
> m=video 5000 RTP/AVP 96
> c=IN IP4 10.10.80.7
> a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
>

> I failed in finding solutions to proxy such RTP stream to RTSP using
> live555ProxyServer.

You can’t do this - because the “LIVE555 Proxy Server” is used to proxy a RTSP/RTP stream, not a RTP stream that doesn’t use RTSP.

> I did find someone trying for the same reason:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13468117/proxy-rtp-source-stream-to-rtsp-via-live555

Oh please.  Only second-rate programmers ask questions on ‘stack overflow’ :-)

The best thing for you to do is to add a RTSP server to your ‘transmitting’ application.  The whole purpose of RTSP is to make it easy for one (or multiple) clients to access RTP streams.  (There’s rarely a good reason to try to stream RTP without using a RTSP server.)  I suggest using our “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application as a model; see http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

If you do this, then you can either access the stream directly using a RTSP client (such as VLC), or (if you wish) via the “LIVE555 Proxy Server”.