[Live-devel] Multi-File Streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 2 23:59:34 PDT 2016

> The current setup is using an Axis camera as device A that is pointed to a digital clock that can display seconds.  It is streaming MPEG4-ES data, so I am using the MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession (with the exception that I am passing in my ByteStreamFolderSource instead of the ByteStreamSource).  When I connect to C via VLC, the video plays but several seconds into the video, the frames start to get choppy and occasionally I will see the seconds on the clock go backwards and then jump forwards.
>
> Is the reason for this choppy video because the Live555 RTSP server does not have access to the correct time stamp information and/or SDP metadata?

I don’t know enough about your (IMHO, excessively complex) custom application to know for sure what’s going on.  However, if you’re seeing video that’s several seconds in the past, then it must be because that video got delivered to server “C” out of order - somehow.  (Either that, or else server “C” is streaming the data out of order (e.g., due to a file name ordering bug).)

But again, the complexity of your custom application far exceeds what I can meaningfully answer on this mailing list ‘for free’.