[Live-devel] connection problem with openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 13 06:42:44 PST 2017

> I am testing all the above on the same computer. I know that testOnDemandRTSPServer is the Server and openRTSP is the client but I mean in general why are there a love of .exe files as the servers why not just one server?

Sorry, but that question makes no sense.  A “.exe” file is (on Windows) an application binary.  “testOnDemandRTSPServer.exe” is a single application (a server), that can serve several different streams (from files).

> and what is the difference between all of these servers and Live555MediaServer ? is Live555MediaServer the combination of all the previous servers?

The “LIVE555 Media Server” (i.e., in Windows, the “live555MediaServer.exe” application) is a RTSP server application that is intended to be run ‘as is’ - i.e., without modifying the source code.  See
	http://live555.com/mediaServer/

“testOnDemandRTSPServer” (i.e., in Windows, the “testOnDemandRTSPServer.exe” application) is intended to be a model (i.e., demonstration application code) for developers - i.e., people who wish to use develop (i.e., program) their own RTSP server application.

Since you’re clearly not an experienced developer, I suggest that you work (at least initially) with the “LIVE555 Media Server”; see http://live555.com/mediaServer/

http://live555.com/liveMedia/