[Live-devel] Live555 for Windows as DLL (LGPL)

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Wed Feb 15 01:03:31 PST 2017

Hi all,

This topic has come up several times. I just want to refresh the status
on this. I know LiveMedia does not support builds as a shared library.
However, this is the only way to use it with LGPL license.

As I'm sure other commercial products use the library on Windows, and
these are LGPL as well, the shared library builds should also be
available. So these shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Is there a public (LGPL) version of LiveMedia that builds as a shared
library for Windows?
Does anyone know about a company that uses Live555 commercially on Windows?

Are there any plans on supporting Windows shared libraries? I understand
that adding non-standard __declspec is not desirable, but I believe it's
possible to avoid such decorations and still build as a shared library
using DEF files.

Thanks!
--

Saludos / Best regards,