[Live-devel] OPUS encoded stream via SimpleRTPSink

Clemens Arth clemens at arth.co.at
Mon Feb 20 13:06:59 PST 2017

>> I just have another question. Is there any code snippet in the test
>> programs that shows how to safely destroy and restart an RTSPClient
>> and/or RTSPServer without stopping the event loop? Whenever I do
>> something like Medium::close(rtspServer), the event loop gets a "bad
>> file descriptor" and crashes.
>
> That’s odd.  “Medium::close()” is supposed to work OK (for both RTSP servers and RTSP clients).  Can you tell us more about your application?  Does it contain just a RTSP server, just a RTSP client, or both a RTSP server and a RTSP client?  And why do you feel you need to keep the process around after you’ve killed a RTSP server and/or RTSP client?  I.e., why don’t you just call “exit(0);”, and start another process?

Nevermind. I was looking for a lightweight solution to bring audio/video
streaming to Hololens. The platform has it's own issues as UWP platform
with a caponized .NET implementation. However, I wanted to start both a
server and a client, to have something like an audio/video chat, and I
think I finally got it working with simply stopping the event loop and
restarting it - that worked fine. I can't simply kill the process, as
the main process is supposed to be spawn from a Unity plugin - calling
exit() would mean killing the entire application, which is not what I
intended to do. I have got to the point where I can stream Audio in and
out of Unity with the help of the Live555 libs - which I consider a big
success actually to move forward into a working prototype for
communication. However, I guess I need to look into something like SIP
now, and the SIP client seems to be a good starting point. Any
recommendations about using Live555 to implement a full SIP client, not
just a receiver?

Best,
Clemens