[Live-devel] "MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size in Using MPEG-2 Transport Stream, coming from a live UDP (raw-UDP or RTP/UDP) source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 6 02:24:14 PST 2017

> Yes i am using “mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest” example code(i.e., lines 404-430 of “testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp”) and my input source is MPEG Transport Stream data.
> When i set inputStreamIsRawUDP = False i got that warning, but when i set inputStreamIsRawUDP = True no warning message displayed and no data is displayed on VLC with
> RTSP : "rtsp://192.168.100.217:8554/mpeg2Ts”.

We can’t help you with problems with VLC; it is not our software.

However, I suggest that you first use “openRTSP” <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> as your RTSP client.  If you do this, you should receive (from “openRTSP”) a file that contains the Transport Stream data that was being sent.  (If you rename that file to have a “.ts” filename suffix, then you should be able to play it.)