[Live-devel] Slow setup of h264 streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 6 08:33:00 PDT 2017

> As a side note, this live555 mod was comitted/sent back as "minilive" around 2007/2009 according to my colleagues.

I have no idea what you’re referring to here.  What “live555 mod”?  And the term “minilive" means nothing to me.

> A pastebin with the output from live555ProxyServer if it is interesting: https://pastebin.com/2XXHTpU8

Sorry, but this output shows that:
- You are *not* using the latest version of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code (the only version that we support), and
- You have modified the supplied code (to add extra debugging output, at least)
I’m interested only in output from “live555ProxyServer -V” using the latest, unmodified version of the code.

Also, you should explain specifically what you mean by “slow setup” of streams.  Note that when you play a stream using RTSP, three separate commands are involved:
- DESCRIBE
- SETUP (one for each media track)
- PLAY
Where specifically is the delay (that you’re concerned about) occurring?