[Live-devel] How to get the time_scale value from H264/RTSP stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 28 14:01:14 PDT 2017

> My goal is to play an H264 stream that comes from a camera. I am decoding using libav.

Unfortunately your question wasn’t particularly clear.

Could you clarify exactly how you are using the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” software?  Are you developing a RTSP client application (e.g., similar to “testRTSPClient”)?  If so, I assume you’ve read
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#testRTSPClient-how-to-decode-data
and note, in particular, the paragraph about H.264 video.

We can’t really help you much with “libav” (as that’s not our software), except to note that the H.264 NAL units that you get from our RTSP client code - along with the SPS/PPS NAL units - should be sufficient to decode your video stream.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.