[Live-devel] Live555 DLL rather than static libs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 17 07:37:31 PDT 2018

> I agree completely.  I would never  want you to put Microsoftisms into your code.  Neither do I want to modify your code, and maintain and publish it forever.
>
> Would you consider doing the following:
>
> 1. Making the public class OutPacketBuffer member "maxSize" in mediaSink.hh private.

I’m confused by this, because there are several other examples of static member variables declared “public:” - e.g.:
	include/MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.hh:	static unsigned maxInputESFrameSize;
	include/MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.hh	static unsigned maxInputESFrameSize;
	include/RTSPClient.hh:							static unsigned responseBufferSize;
Why do these not also need to be be changed to make Microsoft’s broken compiler happy?

Also, are you aware of the function
	static void increaseMaxSizeTo(unsigned newMaxSize)
which most people call to change the value of “maxSize” (because, in reality, most people want to just increase it)?