[Live-devel] Using testRTSP functionnalities in a project

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 28 02:39:27 PDT 2019

> On Aug 28, 2019, at 9:42 AM, Kateline Driessens <kd at medatec.be> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I would like to use openRTSP in a project but I’d like to keep it really simple.

First, you should ask yourself if “openRTSP” is really the best code for you to be working from; see
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#source-code

> I’d like to start a recording of a mp4 file from a RTSP stream and then stop it whenever I want (not using the -d option to specify a recording duration).

Basically, you’d want to execute the code that’s in the “shutdown()” function; see line 1383 of “testProgs/playCommon.cpp”

And because the application - like all LIVE555-based applications - runs using an event loop, you would need to find a way to trigger and handle a ’shutdown’  event.  One possible way to do this is noted here:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#exiting-event-loop
Another possible way is described here:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#other-kinds-of-event

> If not, this means that I will have to create a whole project with the libraries and the function of the testRTSPClient.cpp example (no fundamental problem, it’s just that it’ll take longer).
> For that option, how do I need to include all the files?

I don’t understand this question.  “testRTSPClient” already builds - from the Makefiles - as a standalone, console application, just like “openRTSP”.

> I work on Qt. I added all the libraries to my project (-lBasicUsageEnvironment, -l groupsock, -lliveMedia, -lUsageEnvironment) but the project doesn’t compile.
> Do I need to add the .hh files in BasicUsageEnvironment/include, groupsock/include, etc in the project as well and include them ?

Our demo applications are console applications.  If you want instead to build applications that use a GUI, then, of course, you can do this, but you are assumed to already know how to develop GUI-based applications.