[Live-devel] Dump to TS files from RTSP stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 29 22:09:42 PDT 2019

> On Aug 30, 2019, at 6:44 AM, Son Nguyen <son at techplus.com.vn> wrote:
>
> I’m using Live555 to make VOD service support TrickPlay mode. As I saw that trick play mode only support .ts containers with indexed. But seems your RTSP client could not record RTSP live stream to TS file or i dont know how to do it.

That’s correct.  The Transport Stream ‘indexing’ mechanism works only on prerecorded Transport Stream files; not a live stream.

> Other question: Could we provide one RTSP server (one port) include proxy server (for live streaming) and Media Server (for VOD streaming). If possible, can you advice me on this issue

This is easy to do.  For VOD streaming, you’d add a “ServerMediaSession” object to the RTSP server (and then one or more appropriate “ServerMediiaSubsession” subclass objects; see the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” code for an illustration of this).  For the proxy server, you’d add instead a “ProxyServerMediaSession” object (see the proxy server code: “proxyServer/live555ProxyServer.cpp” for an illustration of this).  I.e., one RTSP server, serving both a VOD stream, and a proxied stream (with different names, of course).