[Live-devel] Issue in sharing source via OnDemandServerMediaSubsession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 25 23:25:17 PST 2019

> On Dec 26, 2019, at 8:05 PM, Steve Ha <steveha at u2sr.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> I have a problem in using OnDemandServerMediaSubsession to share a live video source.
> In my test, multiple clients could connect to the server to get stream well, but when one of clients
> disconnects from the server, other clients could not receive stream anymore.

Because this involves your own application code (which only you know about), this problem would be difficult for us to diagnose.

So, instead, could you use the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” application that we already provide (in the “testProgs” directory), after changing line 29 of “testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp” from:
	Boolean reuseFirstSource = False;
	Boolean reuseFirstSource = True;

Use this to stream from a pre-recorded video file (of the same type as your live video source).  Do you see the same problem when you have multiple RTSP clients?  (And does it matter whether or not the multiple clients are on the same computer, or in different computers?)